Post an initial response addressing the following:
- Explain the key components and ideas of structuralism and functionalism as well as Wundtâ€™s and Titchener’s involvement in the evolution of these two schools of psychology.
- In your post, be sure to explain the similarities and differences between structuralism and functionalism.
- Finally, explain how structuralism influenced the development of psychology as an experimental science and how functionalism established the groundwork for Include limitations of these schools that led to their decline and/or evolution.
- Benjamin, L. T., Jr. (2019). A brief history of modern psychology (3rd ed.). Wiley.
- Chapter 5, â€œThe Early Schools of American Psychologyâ€ (pp. 68â€“85)
- Jackson, J. W. (2023). Structuralism and functionalismLinks to an external site.. Salem Press Encyclopedia of Health.
- Wundt, W., & Lamiell, J. T. (2013). Psychologyâ€™s struggle for existence: Second edition, 1913Links to an external site.. (J. T. Lamiell, Trans.). History of Psychology, 16(3), 197â€“211. https://doi.org/10.1037/a0032319