Watch the two videos and answer questions containing the video.
Monks Can’t Sell Caskets
1. Should it be a crime for the monks to sell caskets? Why or why not?
2. Do you think the casket regulations protect families who are buying them? Are these regulations necessary? Why or why not?
3. Should customers be able to choose what kind of casket they want and where to buy it? And if you believe these laws should apply to caskets, should they apply to ALL products? Explain why or why not.
Transit Union Tries to Block Entrepreneur
1. Do you think “Dollar Vans” should be allowed to compete with mass transit?
2. What would be the positive and/or negative effects of having the “Dollar Vans” operating in New York City?
3. Do you think laws that restrict competition in business are ever a good thing? Why or why not?