Consider what, in your opinion, makes a composer great. Think about what qualities we associate with greatness. These could be popularity, virtuosic talent, ability to connect with people, rebelliousness, trend-setting…Some composers were also performers. Then:
- Complete the A â€œGreat” Composer table by doing and answering the following:
- Compare any two (2) different historical periods that you have read about in this course: Medieval, Renaissance, Baroque, Classical, Romantic, and Contemporary.
- Who are all the most influential composers of the two periods? Why were they so influential?
- What are the hallmarks (unique characteristics) of the â€œstylesâ€ of each period and/or composer that you chose?
- Listen to a work by each composer. Name the title of the piece and the composer you selected for each period.
- Do their works share any similarities?
- How are they different from one another?
- Think of a modern composer you think may have been influenced by the composers you chose composers.
- Write in complete sentences, to complete the A â€œGreat” Composer table.
- Use Microsoft Word and run a spell check/grammar check (under the â€œReviewâ€ menu in Word). Correct grammar and spelling will be part of your grade.
- Copy and paste your proof-read assignment into the Assignment Drop Box (not the “Comments” Box.)
All written assignments will run through SafeAssign, Blackboard’s plagiarism checking tool. Be sure to paraphrase