Select one of the following questions for your initial post, which is due before Thursday evening at 11:59 pm EST. Please copy and paste the question at the beginning of your initial response so everyone knows which question you are answering. Be sure to include a properly formatted citation from your textbook and a peer-reviewed source for your initial post. The post should be at least 300 words.
- Select one of the surveys listed in Table 12.2 on page 288 and briefly describe the survey. Who is included in the survey, how often is the survey administered, what is the information used for, and one other “fun fact” that you think your classmates should know!
- Select a macro and micro level quality indicator from Exhibit 12.2 and describe each. How would you measure and define your indicators? Find an example of how a healthcare system measured and acted on your quality indicators and briefly describe.
- Briefly describe the three domains of Donabedian’s model for healthcare quality measurement (structure, process, and outcomes). If you were a quality manager in a local hospital, describe how you would use Donabedian’s model to solve a problem such as excessive wait times for lab results to be sent to the EHR.
- Find a resource about the Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) https://qpp.cms.gov/mips/overview that helps describe how the MIPS system works. What is the relationship between MIPS and the Advanced Alternative Payment Models (APMs)? Which portion of MIPS replaces Meaningful Use and how does it encourage providers and organizations to implement and use healthcare information technology?
- Define the terms “clinical practice guideline” and “critical pathway”. Explain what each is and provide an example of each.