Week 1 Written Assignment 2 CSR and Â Business Value
Corporate social responsibility plays a vital role in an organization’s growth and success. In the article Rewriting the Corporate Social Responsibility Equation, (http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidhessekiel/2015/03…) Perry Yeatman implies that it is important to gauge the business value of your social impact initiatives. She also states that “starting with the business end of the equation offers a far greater chance to build a program with lasting impact, both for the company and the cause.”
After reading Hessekiel’s article, consider your current or former place of employment and the corporate social responsibility plan presently in place. In your paper, address the following:
- Describe the corporate responsibility plan you are using for this assignment.
- Evaluate this corporate social responsibility plan based on business value. Use the questions in the article as a guide for your evaluation.
- How would you revise this plan to add more business value?
- Explain how you would implement this revised plan in the workplace.
- How will this revised plan add value to the organization and to its stakeholders?
- Explain, using at least two examples, why you agree or disagree with Perry Yeatman when she states that “Starting with the business end of the equation offers a far greater chance to build a program with lasting impact, both for the company and the cause.”
Use a minimum of four credible sources with links, which may include this week’s supplemental reading and other sources, to support your findings and conclusions. Please refer to the grading criteria listed below.