The purpose of this assignment is to apply negotiation and mediation skills to address an organizational and community challenge.
For a public health professional, the ability to negotiate and mediate during organizational and community challenges is paramount to success. The ability to clearly communicate information and react to challenges by following clear protocols is essential when guiding during a crisis.
Read the “A Case Study of Environmental Injustice: The Failure in Flint” topic material.. Assume the role of a public health leader associated with the Flint case study, and write a 750-1,000 word paper to address the Flint case study. Address each of the following.
- What is the problem to be resolved or decision to be made?
- Who are the key decision makers and leaders? What is motivating each of them?
- To resolve the problem or come to a decision, what questions must be addressed? What issues must be resolved?
- What are the ethical dilemmas associated with the case?
- What are the primary negotiation and mediation skills you would use to address each question and resolve each issue? Justify your selection of each.
- Explain and justify how you would resolve the issue and articulate the decisions you would make in this situation.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
Read “A Case Study of Environmental Injustice: The Failure in Flint,” by Campbell, Greenberg, Mankikar, and Ross, from International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health (2016).