Disability Course Paper
You would need to arrange the topics in the logical order for your paper and presentation:
- Write an abstract, statement of a problem (introduction).
- Write extensive literature review on your selected topic relating to the Medical Aspects of Disability in Rehabilitation Counseling. Utilize a minimum of 10 Peer reviewed journal articles will be the main sources used to provide support. Journals must be within the last 10 years.
- Discuss Psychosocial Aspects of the Disorder, the diagnostic process, effects of disabilities
- Discuss the assessments for this type of Disability. Include the age of usage, related needed to assessments recommended.
- Provide interventions/ treatment modality/ medication use supported journal articles.
- Provide suggested Rehabilitation Counseling services (accommodations exploration, assistive technology, case management)
- Share the additional community support services (Insurance and benefits consideration, interfacing with Medical and Allied Health Professionals)
- Discuss Vocational considerations (barriers to employment, ONET, JAN etc)
- Natural supports and treatment plan, interdisciplinary medical team
- Write a conclusion or future directions
- Include the references
- Complete the Case integration on an individual (interview someone, change the name, make sure proper disclosures are there for the individual) that you have chosen to interview. Have the paper to flow. This is not due at the time of the presentation. Only the first draft of your paper.
The paper will be written in APA 7th ed. Format. Points will be deducted for APA formatting errors. Course paper should be between 10-20 pages in length (reference page is not counted in this number).