Portion One:Outsourcing and Offshoring and Global Value Chain Management:
What is the difference between outsourcing and offshoring? How does the use of each approach affect global value chain management? Provide an example of a company that uses offshoring successfully.
Should consist of a minimum of three paragraphs, with at least four to five sentences per paragraph. Must be concise, well-written, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of the questions asked.
Portion Two: Global Value Chain Considerations
The Discussion is designed for you to practice the decision-making process when considering globalization of a value chain.
- Choose and describe a company operating solely in the United States that might be ready to expand globally. Explain what type of global expansion is being considered (your choice).
- Assume you are the CEO and the ultimate decision-maker of this local company. You are confident your current value chain is solid but you are concerned at what the impact on your value chain might be if you expand to another country/other countries. What might need to be changed or modified in your companyâ€™s value chain prior to the expansion?
- Examine how globalization could impact the current value chain. In the examination, include the following:
- What are some of the challenges an organization faces when a value chain goes global?
- What are the differences between a domestic and global value chain?
- Why does a firm go global?
- Analyze pros and cons of going global.
- Does culture matter in a value chain and the management of the business?
- Describe how your business can transition the current value chain to be a global value chain