Pitch Your Big Idea in Video
For your course project, you need to identify an innovative “big idea” for your Business Plan. This DQ is designed to help you select and refine your “big idea.” You will prepare and record a short video recording (2 minutes or less) about your “big idea” as your initial DQ post. Work through the steps below to plan and create your DQ video:
Step 1. What is your â€œbig idea?” If you don’t have one, see the Assignment 1 Instructions for resources to help you identify one.
Step 2. Using the prompts below, draft notes for a brief, succinct pitch on your “big idea”:
- What type of Business Plan will you develop: Entrepreneurial, Intrapreneurial, or Nonprofit?
- Briefly describe your “big idea” and explain what you find exciting about this product or service.
- What problem in the market or in the community will your “big idea” solve?
- Why doesn’t this product or service already exist in the market?
- Identify the Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats for your “big idea.”
Step 3. Use the PowerPoint SWOT template, provided in the Assignment 1 resources, to create a visual SWOT analysis chart for your “big idea.” The content in the SWOT chart comes from your notes for the last bullet point in Step 2.
Step 4. Use Zoom or the software of your choice to record your “big idea” pitch. Then post the MP4 video recording as your initial DQ response. Your video should last no more than 2 minutes.