- Thesis and Tech Overview
*Intelligence Disciplines *Specific Technologies that will be the Focus of the Paper *Objectives, Goals, etc for the Paper
- Impacts, Challenges, or Barriers for Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning and Quantum Computing *Current utilization or Status of Technology *Future Timelines and Potential Use Cases *Assessment of Future Challenges
- Provide a Plan for the U.S. to use these Technologies for Intelligence
o How will the U.S. leverage AI/ML and quantum computing to advance U.S. nationalinterests?
o How will these technologies change the nature of intelligence?
- Develop a Strategy/Plan to Mitigate the Use of these Technologies by our Adversaries
o How would you counter, defeat, mitigate, etc the threat posed by these technologies to U.S.national security?
o What holistic intelligence/ISR plan would give you sufficient insights to counter thesetechnologies
- General APA Guidelines for Essay: â€¢ Typed & double-spacedâ€¢ Standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″), with 1″ margins on all sides Include a page header at the top of every page with page numbers flush right â€¢ No fewer than 10 pages; no more than 10.5 pages
- The paper is intended to be an analytical study addressing the potential impacts, challenges, or barriers artificial intelligence/machine learning and quantum computing may have on the specific intelligence disciplines (at least three of the following: GEOINT, MASINT, SIGINT, OSINT/PAI). The research paper will be no less than ten pages (no more than 10.5 pages excluding references, tables, and figures) and should be backed by relevant literature. Students are encouraged to consult with the instructor throughout the term on their research paper assignment.