- Assess the patientâ€™s risk for falls.
- Implement interventions to reduce falls based on the patientâ€™s assessed risk.
- Educate the patient and, as needed, the family on any individualized fall reduction strategies.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions to prevent patient falls.
- Complete the Fall Risk and Cognition Assessments Case Study,
including the Hendrich II Fall Risk Assessment available in the
- Complete the Mini-Cog screening (see Borson, n.d., in the Resources
section) and the Pittsburgh Sleep Quality Index (PSQI; see Buysse,
Reynolds, Monk, Berman, & Kupfer, 1989, in the Resources section) to
develop a comprehensive assessment for Mrs. L.â€™s risk of falling.
- Develop a one-paragraph summary describing Mrs. L.â€™s risk for falls.
- Create one goal for each category.
- Review the rubric for more information on how your assignment will be graded.
- Submit the three fall risk assessment tools and your summary as attachments to the assignment area.