This assignment should conform to all the length, formatting, and other guidelines for writing assignments outlined in the syllabus (see the Formatting and Submission Guidelines in the Syllabus).
Ethnographic perspective as it relates to your own experience and research.
The living-in-another-culture question. One of the real challenges of living as an expatriate is handling all the details of daily life.
- Discuss an experience of living in another culture by identifying one or more areas of daily life (e.g., shopping, going to school, paying bills) that you had to learn to navigate.
- How did you go about learning the appropriate cultural rules?
- Indicate what those rules are and how they differ from what you expected.
- Relate your discussion to anthropological concepts and issues covered in class.
- Incorporate specific, cited references to the course material to support your statements and main points.
I’ll provide several sources from class for the paper after the question is accepted.