You are a human resources manager, and you have been asked to make a presentation to help employees understand how workersâ€™ compensation works and their rights under the law. Create a presentation on workersâ€™ compensation rights for the specific state in which you live or work. Be sure to include the items below in your presentation.
- Define the mission statement or values that guide the specific state workersâ€™ compensation board/office.
- Identify whether or not the state has developed a model return-to-work program for employers to follow with their business.
- Discuss temporary total disability (TTD) and temporary partial disability (TPD) benefits for maximum weekly compensation.
- Discuss workersâ€™ rights and responsibilities under the stateâ€™s compensation system and how this compares to other states.
- Report any resources that could be beneficial to employers such as risk reduction instructions or links to the safety and health division for the state.
- Indicate the process for workersâ€™ compensation appeals.