Iâ€™m studying for my Psychology class and donâ€™t understand how to answer this. Can you help me study?
STEP 1: Find a children’s show, geared for kids under the age of 10 (typically either TV or TV7, G or PG parental guidelines) that you would like to watch. Do a little bit of preliminary research to better understand its target audience.
STEP 2: Watch the show and answer the following questions:
- What’s the name of the show? What is the episode title?
- Who was the primary audience for this show (girls or boys/age range/lifestyle)?
- Why would children like this show?
- List any incidences of gender stereotyping, or other stereotyping, you notice in the show.
- What did you like about this show?
- What did you dislike about this show?
- In what ways did the show connect to concepts you learned about in this module? Expand upon at least one.
- What are your general thoughts about the show and your experience with it? Would you recommend it for your own child? Why or why not? What are your biggest takeaways?