Iâ€™m trying to learn for my Humanities class and Iâ€™m stuck. Can you help?
Oftentimes, we as humans tend to gravitate to music that is familiar to us. Although we have a variety of music to choose from, rarely do we try a genre of music that is new to us. According to Plato, â€œMusic and rhythm find their way into the secret places of the soul.â€ It is worth exploring different kinds of music to experience the impact of music and how it can touch us in unique ways.
Initial Post: To expand your music horizons, listen to a genre of music that is new to you (Country, Classical, Rap, Pop, R&B, etc.). After listening to a song or piece from your new genre, explain why you would or would not be open to hearing more music from this genre. Share the following:
- Title of the song or musical piece
- Artist or composer
- Year the song or piece was made
- Genre of music the piece falls under
- Describe how you were impacted by the new genre
- Explanation of why you would be open to hearing more music from this genre