I’m working on a pharmacology project and need an explanation to help me learn.
- Topic: Quinidine Drug
- Side Effects, Adverse Effects, and Interactions
- Explain the symptoms of common side effects, and what clients can do to minimize any discomfort. Ask yourself what can nurses do to prevent and/or treat some of the common side effects listed?
- Explain the symptoms of any major adverse effects. What should clients do if they experience them? How can clients prevent these major adverse effects? How can nurses assess for these adverse effects? How can nurses prevent and/or treat these adverse effects?
- List the major adverse drug-drug interactions and drug-food interactions that clients need to be made aware of
- Follow-up Care
- Provide information regarding when clients should call their doctor for advice (e.g., questions, non-urgent symptoms, unpleasant side effects, etc.)
- Emphasize any symptoms for which clients should seek immediate care (e.g., when to go to the emergency center or call 911)