A great first step when approaching a longer communication task is to create an outline. A well-written outline provides a clear organizational template and structure for a presentation, such as the one you are working on. Ultimately, the presentation you complete in Week 8 will draw upon and follow the outline you create here. Use the sample outline in Chapter 12 of our textbook as a guide. Before starting work on this assignment, be sure to read the opening section of Chapter 12, pages 279â€“288.
- Purpose statement: A declaration of the goal of your presentation
- Thesis statement: A one-sentence summation of the central idea of your presentation
- Three main points: Specific ideas related to the presentation topic
- At least two subpoints for each main point: Subpoints help to explain main points
- Sub-subpoints, as needed: Sub-subpoints help to explain subpoints
Length requirement: One page