SolutionsPro here is Part II of the Psychology assignment as we discussed. Thank you.
Part II DB Responses (3):
Research Based Treatments (From the Instructor)
When you are creating your posts for this week, please include Research Based treatment approaches. This means you have to look up whatever mental illness you have selected and find out what the treatments are. This part is not an opion but based on research. This means you will have a citation and reference in your posts if you wish to get full credit.
Re:Unit5 – Discussion Board
The mental illness that I find most interesting is schizophrenia due to my cousin being affected by it. The manner in which he changed seemingly overnight from being the person that I knew all my life to someone that was a stranger was bewildering. However this is rather common affliction to affect the elderly and those reaching middle age (Jablensky, Sartorius Ernberg, 1992). The amount of factors that have been associated with causing this illness is extremely wide which also leads me to believe that there is not a real known cause and that psychologists are merely finding commonalities between cases. Psychologists have blamed the cause of schizophrenia on environmental factors such as stress put upon the mother during pregnancy to cannabis use (Chadwick, Hurd & Miller, 2013).
I believe that the treatment that my cousin was receiving was ample. The biggest hurdle he had to cross was he would discontinue the use of his medication after he felt he had leveled out. Following his stoppage of medication he would relapse to his previous state of hearing auditory hallucinations. When this occurred he would sometimes have to be put back into a hospital till his medications were able to take effect again. The overall stigma surrounding the various types of mental illness has changed dramatically within society and is a positive step forward to finding better treatment methods.
Chadwick B., Hurd Y. L. & Miller M. L. (2013). “Cannabis Use during Adolescent Development: Susceptibility to Psychiatric Illness”. Front Psychiatry (Review) 4: 129.doi:10.3389/fpsyt.2013.00129
Jablensky A., Sartorius N., Ernberg G. (1992). “Schizophrenia: manifestations, incidence and course in different cultures. A World Health Organization ten-country study”.Psychological Medicine Monograph Supplement 20: 1–97. doi:10.1017/S0264180100000904
Good morning everyone,
One of our starter questions is, “Is addiction ever “cured”? I personally do not believe it is ever cured, it is controlled and handled by some. I speak from experience on this one. My daughter is a recovering cocaine addict. She had been clean for over a year the second time around, she had a relapse just last week, she now has to start all over. I hear her all the time telling different people that it is an everyday struggle to fight the urge to use.
When things begin to get to much for her and she feels depressed and frustrated she will get that urge. Or a smell, taste or site of something she encounters will trigger that feeling of wanting to use. She is constantly fighting that. She is a very strong willed young lady, Taurus the bull, so very stubborn also. She does not like change, at first but will over come it and move on.
So the answer to the question I believe is no, addiction in never cured. It can be managed with support groups, one on one counseling, and your own will power to better your life. These are all things that can help, but never cure it.
I have meet several friends that have been alcohol free and drug free for 20/30 years and to this day they still go to their support groups and meetings. They also say it is a never ending battle and only overcome, not cured.
- What is a mental illness that is interesting to you? The mental illness that is interesting to me is having a personality disorder of bipolar. I talk about this illness because this is something that i struggle with daily.
- Discuss what you think are the best approaches to treatment for the mental illness that you have selected. My best approaches for this illness in the treatment department has been medication, and out-patient counseling services along with seeing a psych every three months. These have been successful motives for me and at times i am ok and at times i am having anxiety attacks and seclusion attacks. I am an all well rounded person but dily life is very hard to control when you deal with stressful life modes everyday. I keep a strong head for my children because i know there is no other mom like me.
- Do you feel that modern-day society has appropriate treatments for people who are mentally ill? Why or why not? I think modern day society do have appropriate treatments but not appropriate diagnostics, not appropriate teachings and understandings of what a mental illness really is and until people learn that then the medication, counseling services, and psych’s are really not useful because these days everyone has to find some type of common ground and some type of stability among others but everyone do not learn or interact the same as others so hopefully with a little more studies and teachings things can get better for people with mental illnesses.
- its about mathematical econ…thnx! http://www.scribd.com/doc/126320968/hw2-1?secret_password=15r5zbpj202yao91dcm6
- 1. Interpreting Graphs: We often use graphs of recent data to project the changes in future data. The following is the…
- Discussion 1
- The mileage for a motorcycle with a fuel tank capacity of 22 L is 35 miles per gallon. The density…
- Paper 5-7 pages healthcare reform
- a theatre contains 443 seats and the ticket prices for a recent play were $59 for adults and &23 for…
- quiz 6
- Create and test a procedure named Extended_ sub that subtracts two binary integers of arbitrary size. Restrictions: The storage size…
- DB 2 part 2